Skip to main content

How can I network-enable my external hard drive?

April 08, 2014 at 03:01PM:

Here is my problem. I have a Western digital TV box with an external 1TB HDD plugged in. This way, I can watch movies on my big screen TV. But that WD TV model does not have ethernet or WiFi connections, so I have to unplug my HDD, bring it to my computer, upload my movies and reconnect it to the WD tv box.


I want to connect my HDD to my WiFi router (if that’s possible) but my D-Link does not have USB plugs. Aside from using an old pc to use as a media storage server (I don’t have the space for a server), is there a way to just plug in my HDD to my D-Link with some kind of adapter?


Post and answer: How can I network-enable my external hard drive?





Read Question - Answers: MakeUseOf Answers

Comments

What's new?

Popular posts from this blog