Skip to main content

How can I recover files from my hard drive using a USB to SATA cable?

April 11, 2014 at 11:36AM:

I have a 1TB external hard drive full of old data which I tried retrieving files from by connecting to my new computer (running Windows 7) using a USB to SATA cable.


Once all cables were connected and I plugged in to a USB port, the new PC is not showing the drive at all. When I right clicked on “my computer” and clicked into the Computer Management section, I found my hard drive and assigned a drive letter, however once I completed this step it kept requesting that I format the disk. There is valuable data on this disk so I don’t want to format it, however it seems to be the only option.


Any suggestions on how to retrieve my data?


Post and answer: How can I recover files from my hard drive using a USB to SATA cable?





Read Question - Answers: MakeUseOf Answers

Comments

What's new?

Popular posts from this blog