Skip to main content

How can I recover my photos after a system restore?

April 22, 2014 at 04:45AM:

I’m in a sticky situation. My computer wasn’t working properly so I had to do a system restore right back to factory settings, but before I did I moved all of my pictures and documents (there weren’t many that weren’t already in the folder) to my Dropbox folder on the computer. I know Dropbox doesn’t instantly sync and I was pretty busy so I left the computer for about half an hour before actually starting the restore. I also backed up my files to my SD card. However when I finished the restore and went to get my files from Dropbox they weren’t there and there’s no record of them ever being put into the folder as far as I can see (I’ve not contacted Dropbox yet). They also didn’t save onto my SD card. I’ve run 2 data recovery programmes on my computer since but there’s no sign of any of my files. Is there any way for me to get them back or are they gone for good?


Post and answer: How can I recover my photos after a system restore?





Read Question - Answers: MakeUseOf Answers

Comments

What's new?

Popular posts from this blog