Skip to main content

Is there a different way to merge Word templates with 3 or more different recipients?

April 18, 2014 at 11:31PM:

I am running Word 2007 and Outlook 2013, Windows 7.


We have a template in Word that we send out to specific people with personalized information. Each letter goes out to the intended recipient and we must CC two additional recipients for their information. The recipients are never the same 3 people, so we currently do all of this manually.


I have setup a Mail Merge capable of sending the letter with the personalized information to the intended recipient, but I can’t add the two additional recipients as CC. I know that there are some add-ins that I could use, however I do not have permission to install add-ins.


I thought about creating 3 identical entries in my database and changing the email address on two of those so that each one of them receives the same letter, although this would solve the problem it causes other (minor) issues like the other two not being able to confirm that the intended recipient actually got the letter as they are not part of the conversation. And that I have to have 3 entries for just one letter.


I thought of rules that would automatically forward the email to the other two people, but this would mean I have to create a new rule for every new letter I send out, not very practical.


Is there a different way to do mail merge where 3 or more different recipients must receive the email? This must be using MS Office Suite.


Thank you!


Post and answer: Is there a different way to merge Word templates with 3 or more different recipients?





Read Question - Answers: MakeUseOf Answers

Comments

What's new?

Popular posts from this blog