Skip to main content

1408469849

August 20, 2014 at 12:22PM:

Hi.

I’m running Windows 7 Pro on my ASUS K53SM-SX010D laptop. The laptop has been running fine for 2 years now. Two to three months back the power port of the laptop stopped working and the laptop wouldn’t charge at all, so I got that repaired.


Now I have a weird problem. My laptop is always charging. Yes. Even when I remove external power. Obviously battery drains without power but the sign is always “charging” and so is my charging LED indicator. And similarly when the battery is actually is out of juice and shuts down, I plug in the charger and there is no LED indicator for charging.


I switch it on anyhow, and boom the LED comes back on with charging status. This issue has started recently after I formatted my PC because of a previous networking issue I had posted here.


Now my question is, that is it remotely possible that this is an OS issue and should I reformat? Or is 100% a hardware fault?


Also extra info, probably unrelated, my page down & numpad enter key don’t work.


Post and answer: 1408469849





Read Question - Answers: MakeUseOf Answers

Comments

What's new?

Popular posts from this blog