Skip to main content

How can I reformat my external drive with the PC after it had been reformatted by my Satelite receiver?

August 17, 2014 at 02:24AM:

I used my WD Passport HD to back up my DVR recordings on my Dish receiver before it got replaced. There was nothing on the Passport which was formatted with the WD Smartware, but was reformatted with the Dish formatting needed to save the DVR media recordings. Now when I try to backup my laptop with the Passport, it is not recognized at all. I cannot format it as a writable drive because the Passport is not even recognized on an external drive. I can connect the Passport to Dish and it reads my DVR recordings fine. How can I get the Passport to be recognized on a PC again? I am fine losing whatever DVR recordings are saved.


Post and answer: How can I reformat my external drive with the PC after it had been reformatted by my Satelite receiver?





Read Question - Answers: MakeUseOf Answers

Comments

What's new?

Popular posts from this blog