Skip to main content

How can I restore my data from a GingerBread app to KitKat on an Android phone?

August 14, 2014 at 02:40PM:

I recently moved from GingerBread Android phone to KitKat as I bought a new phone.


I have been using a app which takes a back up with .db extension and was hoping to use this backup file to restore the data on the new phone. When I downloaded the app it was exporting/importing to storage/emulated/0/com.mapaps.tracker so I was hoping to copy the file to this path in KitKat. However, I cannot find this path in any of File manager apps like astro or ES file explorer. I tried showing hidden files but that didn’t work and when I go to storage/emulated/0/ it take me back me to the home path. I have even tried to connect to a computer but no luck. Please help to find a workaround to copy file to storage/emulated/0/com.mapaps.tracker so that I can use my old database in new phone as well.


Post and answer: How can I restore my data from a GingerBread app to KitKat on an Android phone?





Read Question - Answers: MakeUseOf Answers

Comments

What's new?

Popular posts from this blog