Skip to main content

Why can’t I install Windows 8.1 Update on my PC?

August 14, 2014 at 01:14AM:

Is there a definitive fix for Windows 8.1 Update 1 yet? Every time I try to install it, I wind up with a black screen. Moving the mouse creates a “wait” mouse pointer (arrow and rotating “wait” animation) that promptly disappears and goes back to the center.


I let it run like this, thrashing the hard drive, for over an hour and a half before hitting the “reset” button and letting it run Startup Repair (which ran System Restore) and trying it… again and again…


This after installing a KBxxxxxx patch that was supposed to *fix* failed Update 1 installs.

Help please!


Post and answer: Why can’t I install Windows 8.1 Update on my PC?





Read Question - Answers: MakeUseOf Answers

Comments

What's new?

Popular posts from this blog