Skip to main content

Why is my C: drive getting filled up when I download files directly to other drives?

August 14, 2014 at 01:10AM:

I’ve recently installed SSDs in both of my computers. One 2nd generation and the other 3rd generation, both with Windows 7 pro. I monitor my drives daily and both SSDs (C drives) will go up 35%-40% GB wise whenever I download videos. That is, if I download 10 gigs of videos to the HDDs, I pick up approximately 3.5 to 4 gigs on the SSDs. Both units are storing the videos on the HDDs. What’s going on? I can delete the videos from the HDDs but the storage doesn’t go down on the SSDs. They remain the same (higher). If this is normal I can always go back to HDDs only. C: drive SSD is used for OS and programs, and all downloads are directed to either the E: or F: drives (HDDs). The videos I download are all MP4 Hi-Def. THe PC has an i5-3570K, 16 GB RAM, Intel DZ77GA-70K SLI board and I have no viruses. I’m stumped. I’ve opened every folder and file on the C: drive and have found nothing, nada, with any amount of storage. Could the Realplayer downloader be the culprit doing this? Or could the SSDs be picking up a bunch of anonymous gibberish without a folder or file while the downloads pass through it to the HDDs?


Post and answer: Why is my C: drive getting filled up when I download files directly to other drives?





Read Question - Answers: MakeUseOf Answers

Comments

What's new?

Popular posts from this blog