Skip to main content

How can I read Brother word processor data diskettes without the original hardware?

September 11, 2014 at 01:17PM:

If anyone can help me with this – I will not only be amazed I will be your best friend forever. OK – my dilemma: way back in the Paleolithic Era when I was still in college, we didn’t all have PC computers to do our homework and write our papers. I had something others drooled over though; a Brother word processor with built in disk drive and printer. An all-in-one “portable” (ha ha) early computer. Anyway, I still have all the hard disks (they say “2D” on them?) and at the time was told that not only were they formatted to be played only on Brother machines, but they were formatted ONLY for my specific piece of junk. I no longer have the word processor but I have the disks, and I would give my life savings (around $232, lol) to print out the vast cornucopia of miscellany on them. Everything from class papers to the journal entries and poetry of a angst college co-ed in the late 80′s. So – what are my options? Does anyone know of ANY such data storage retrieval company (I’m guessing) that can get my stuff off the ancient hard floppy disk and either onto a newer media (CD, DVD, flash drive, etc.) or at least printed out onto paper? If so – PLEASE let me know! I wasn’t kidding about being your best friend. I’ll mail you some cake or something….;-) P.S. I love this site SO much it’s on my main bookmark toolbar. Thank you in advance and sorry for the hideously long post. – EW


[Ed. note: OP's mention of "hard disks" are 3.5" double-density floppy disks.]


Post and answer: How can I read Brother word processor data diskettes without the original hardware?





Read Question - Answers: MakeUseOf Answers

Comments

What's new?

Popular posts from this blog