Skip to main content

Is it a good idea to update Java on production PCs and laptops?

September 17, 2014 at 10:29PM:

Is it a good idea to update Java on production PCs and laptops?


How long should I wait before eventually updating Java if at all? I currently have the ones on the machines I am looking over at Version 7 Update 51. The current version stands at Update 67.


I say this because I have found updating Java has broken certain web functionalities. I had an application that I managed via Java and updating to ’67′ broke my ability to view and manage this application. Adding exclusions and exceptions to the Exception Site List did not fix that issue. This was only been resolved by rolling back the Java update.


With that history, you see my reluctance. Your help is appreciated.


Thanks.


Post and answer: Is it a good idea to update Java on production PCs and laptops?





Read Question - Answers: MakeUseOf Answers

Comments

What's new?

Popular posts from this blog