Skip to main content

Why can’t I root my Samsung Galaxy S4?

August 25, 2014 at 11:30PM:

Hi,

I want to root my Samsung Galaxy S4 (see details below). After researching a lot, I thought TowelRoot would be the easiest option. So, after downloading the APK (v3 of Towelroot) and trying to ‘make it ra1n’, the app said that my device was not compatible. I even tried the ‘ModStrings’ codes. So are their any other options for rooting on a Mac? If so how would one root?


Some device info pulled from 'About Phone' :

Model Number: GT-19505

Android Version: 4.4.2

Baseband Version: 19505XXUGNG8

Kernel Version: 3.4.0-2309103

dpi@SWDD5606

Wed Jul 2319:12:00 KST 2014


Thanks a lot!


Post and answer: Why can’t I root my Samsung Galaxy S4?





Read Question - Answers: MakeUseOf Answers

Comments

What's new?

Popular posts from this blog

Lucid Motors replaces its CFO and overhauls its entire leadership team as new CEO reshapes the company

Lucid Motors said on Thursday that its chief financial officer, Taoufiq Boussaid, will be leaving the company, the latest in a series of leadership changes under new CEO Silvio Napoli. Alexander De Bock, a veteran automotive finance executive who previously served as CFO of TI Automotive, will replace Boussaid after a transition period that will […] This story continues at The Next Web https://ift.tt/ivLHVb6 Read full article: The Next Web