Skip to main content

Why won’t some video files play on my PC?

August 16, 2014 at 12:34AM:

A virus virus was detected in a hidden video file on my PC. I had to unhide the file to view it. As per my antivirus (Norton Internet Security 2014) I followed the steps to remove it. The virus was removed successfully, but some video files on my computer stopped working. These files have extension of .mp4, .avi. Other video files are working apart from 10 or so videos. And yes, the working video files also have .mp4 extensions. I get an error while playing defected video files i.e. “cannot determine type of stream” on both windows 8.1 (on every video player) and Linux (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS) on VLC and Movie Player. I need a way to play those prolematic video files.


Post and answer: Why won’t some video files play on my PC?





Read Question - Answers: MakeUseOf Answers

Comments

What's new?

Popular posts from this blog