Skip to main content

How can I boot Windows using GRUB after deleting /boot partition?

March 30, 2014 at 11:39AM:

So I had recently installed Ubuntu on my Dell Studio 1558 laptop. Because I later realized that I actually intended to install Kubuntu instead, I attempted to remove the partition that Ubuntu was on, however I ended up having to reboot and when I tried to boot back into Windows an error message was displayed on my computer. It read:


“error: no such partition.

Entering rescue mode…

grub rescue>”


I don’t exactly know what to do in order to boot into Windows and finish the job, as well as be able to simply use my computer. Please keep in mind that I want the solution provided to be completely free. Only thing I have access to (other than my Dell Studio 1558) is a an HP G50-213CA running Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit) (with Group Policy and Lightspeed restrictions enabled and an inability to connect to the Internet), a 32 GB USB flash drive (with a bootable copy of Ubuntu), and an Apple iPad 2 running iOS 7.0.2 (11A501). I will not have access to writable DVDs, other computers, or anything like that.


Any and all help is sincerely appreciated.


Post and answer: How can I boot Windows using GRUB after deleting /boot partition?





Read Question - Answers: MakeUseOf Answers

Comments

What's new?

Popular posts from this blog

Lucid Motors replaces its CFO and overhauls its entire leadership team as new CEO reshapes the company

Lucid Motors said on Thursday that its chief financial officer, Taoufiq Boussaid, will be leaving the company, the latest in a series of leadership changes under new CEO Silvio Napoli. Alexander De Bock, a veteran automotive finance executive who previously served as CFO of TI Automotive, will replace Boussaid after a transition period that will […] This story continues at The Next Web https://ift.tt/ivLHVb6 Read full article: The Next Web